VIBE 105.5FM – News Coordinator/Digital Editor
Toronto, Canada: October 2015 – Present
- Responsible for the integration/broadcast of all news programming on VIBE 105.5FM.
- Program and develop content involving Toronto, including in-depth features and documentaries on marginalized communities to informative community broadcasts, reaching over 1.4 million people daily and averaging over 300,000 during drive-time.
- Develop and review programming guidelines, adhering to a non-profit and community based license.
- Established and maintained a collaborative connection between VIBE and identified communities.
- Manage social media for station; develop online style and brand for station.
- Develop digital content calendar, edit incoming articles, source photos and additional content and publish news pieces online.
VX3 Exchange – Head Instructor
Toronto, Canada: February 2016 – Present
- Develop and execute trainings designed to support and develop volunteers/interns in an inclusive media hub.
- Instruct hands-on workshops and seminars covering audio editing, reporting basics, media literacy, scripting/on-air delivery and more.
- Mentor the delivery of broadcast content on an FM license in a major market.
- Supervise and offer oversight to internship, work-studies and defined role placements. Evaluate completed internships and work with schools and teachers to offer credit through post-secondary or secondary school streams.
Multiple Publications – Freelance Writer
Toronto, Canada: April 2013 – Present
- Write and pitch articles for a large amount of publications, including VICE, Canadian Baseball Network, Toronto Esports and TheFanaticsView
- Specialize in sports, esports and social activism.
- Work with editors and content creators to adhere to voice and brand standards.
Seneca College – Teacher
North York, Canada: January 2016 – February 2017
- Taught an accredited class at the largest college in Canada.
- Led three sections of an upper-level media course through OntarioLearn.
- Responsibilities include creating exams, marking assignments and papers, grading and fostering discussions, adjusting curriculum to fit in with contemporary examples in media and more.
CHRY Radio – On-Air Host
Toronto, Canada: September 2014 – October 2015
- Hosted a literary review show titled Covered and Bound. Content included author interviews, book reviews, poetry event coverage and more.
- Liaise between all broadcast roles to communicate broadcast schedule and content.
- Monitored online story assignment desk.
- Developed planned and targeted programming covering specific genres, cities and more.
Seneca College – Social Media Manager
North York, Canada: July 2015 – January 2017
- Operated Twitter and Facebook accounts for the continuing education department at Seneca College, the largest continuing-education department in Canada.
- Aggregated and created content pertaining to specific programs, such as literature, languages, environment and sciences.
- Organized events to engage students and increase department reach.
- Worked with instructors and professors to review course content and feature interesting ideas, material and elements to a digital audience.
HONOURS B.A.: York University (Toronto, CA)
Major in Journalism with a Minor in Marketing.